Get going with this Simple Almond Cake Recipe this winter season. As we all know Almonds reduce blood pressure and lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Almonds rank highest in their protein, calcium, fiber and Vitamin E level. So, this recipe will include Almond as its key ingredient.
This Simple Almond Cake recipe is a two-step procedure. The first step is to make the cake and while the cake is in the oven, you can prepare the almond topping. It is a simple process and I hope all of you would enjoy making it.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100 gm butter
For Almond Topping
- 100 gm butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cups almonds (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Take a bowl and mix together all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until it is smooth enough.
- Add sugar to the butter and beat together.
- Add eggs and vanilla essence and mix thoroughly.
- Now add the dry mixture (flour mixture) to the wet one, and mix together until the batter is well combined.
- Grease a baking dish and pour the batter into it.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- While the cake is in the oven, prepare the topping.
- In a pan add butter, sugar, sliced almonds and cream.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the cake is baked, pour the hot topping over the cake and place it back into the oven.
- You can also garnish the topping with some sliced almonds.
- Bake again for 15-20 minutes or until the topping turns golden brown in color.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack before slicing it.
Enjoy the richness of butter and almonds in every bite. Do leave your comment below and share your experience with us.
More Recipes- Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins