Learn how to make Plum Cake with step by step instructions by Bakecore.
Plum cake is an all-time favorite and loved by one and all. Christmas time is around the corner and we believe that this occasion cannot go without the goodness of a Plum Cake. So bake it, share pictures and let us know your experience.
- 2 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 1/4 cup Powdered sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 2 cups chopped dry fruits and nuts, black currants, raisins, cherries
- 2 cup fresh orange juice for soaking the fruits and nuts
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sieve the dry ingredients – all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and keep aside.
- Take a bowl, add eggs, vanilla essence, butter, sugar, and mix together.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder.
- Fold in the dry fruits and nuts.
- Transfer the batter to a greased cake tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dust icing sugar on the cake.
- Cut into pieces and store in an air-tight container.
More Recipes: How to make Walnut Cocoa Brownies