Fruit Cake has all the flavors of Christmas, but it usually takes weeks to age. Who has the patience for that? So why not try a super quick and easy version a how to make a fruitcake and indulge in its deliciousness. This recipe is again loaded with dried fruits and nuts which are good to provide you with all the health benefits. My family particularly loves this cake and so I love baking this one. The outcome is so good that everyone just drools over it be it any time of the year and not only at the time of Christmas.
I few things I would like to mention about this Fruit Cake Recipe.
I have used dried cherries, mango, cranberries for the recipes. You can avoid all these and just add raisins. Or you can also consider adding chopped almonds and walnuts. The choice is yours. You can customize the cake as per your taste. Similarly, you can also alter the spices added. The ingredients mentioned below turned out perfect for my taste.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cherries
- Handful of raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dried mango
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Boil the water and sugar.
- Add butter to the water and sugar mixture along with spices, raisins, cherries, mango, and cranberries.
- Boil for 5 minutes and then let it cool down.
- Take a large bowl and Sieve together all purpose flour and baking soda.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the dry mixture.
- Now pour in the water and sugar mixture into the batter prepared and mix well.
- Take a loaf tray lined with butter paper or butter spray.
- Pour the cake batter into the tray.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Check with the help of a toothpick.
- Let the cake cool completely before taking it out of the tray.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
More Recipes: How to make Plum Cake