Learn how to make Easy Strawberry Ice Cream Cake in just a few steps.
Who doesn’t love the combination of ice cream and cake? No matter how cold it is, I always love eating ice cream and that is why I always make sure I have some for my late night cravings. I had some leftover vanilla ice cream in my freezer last night. Instantly I thought of giving a try to the combination of ice cream and a cake. I used some strawberries and cream for the extra deliciousness. And here I am with this super tasty recipe for all of you to enjoy.
Making Strawberry Ice Cream Cake was time-consuming. First, you need to make the cake and allow it to cool. Then layer it with the ice cream and strawberries and put it in the refrigerator to set. But trust me, it was worth the wait.
- 1 cup – All-purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/2 cup – Sugar
- 1/2 cup – Melted Butter
- 1 tsp – Baking powder
- 2 – Eggs
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence
- 2 cups Vanilla ice cream (softened not melted)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries (chopped)
- Whipped cream and sliced strawberries for garnish
Procedure for Cake
- Sieve flour and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and milk thoroughly and beat
for 5-7 minutes.
- Now, add flour and baking powder to the mixture.
Mix and add vanilla essence.
- Blend again with the help of a manual or electric mixer.
- Take a microwave-safe bowl and coat it with a drop of oil or butter and pour the mixture into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in a microwave.
- Check with the help of a toothpick.
- Now let it cool completely.
Procedure for Layering
- Cut the cake(horizontally) creating three layers.
- Place the bottom layer in a container lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together chopped strawberries and softened ice cream.
- Spread half of the mixture on the bottom cake layer.
- Place another cake layer and spread the rest of the mixture.
- Top it with the final cake layer and place the cake in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
Finally, garnish the cake with whipped cream and few sliced strawberries.
Tip: Wrap the cake in a cling wrap if you want to freeze it overnight. This will avoid any freezer burns on the cake.
More Recipes: Eggless Muffins with Chocolate Chips